As a Data Science intern at Salem Cyber, you will contribute to the real-world development of the neural networks and natural language processing (NLP) models that collectively are Salem, the AI Cyber Analyst. Work collaboratively with Salem Cyber’s software engineering, security operations, and product team members. You will gain experience with how a product-led, AI company iterates to build and refine products that are simple, useful, and solve customer needs.
Salem Cyber was recognized as a top 10 tech start-up to watch in North Carolina, the #1 state for business.
We aim to be an exceptional, trusted, and product-led company, and that requires more extraordinary people to achieve. If you are one of those people, take the leap and connect with us!
· Enhance our model training process
· Research cyber investigation processes to develop new approaches to structuring and analyzing data
· Automate collection and preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
· Propose improvements to our machine-learning algorithms and predictive models
· Collaborate with software engineering, security operations, and product team members to inform and execute on our product roadmap
· Proficiency with Python programming language
· Bring your own computer
· Ability to work a consistent weekly schedule
· Ability to work from our HQ in Winston-Salem, NC for up to 2 days a week
We are initially looking for Summer 2023 interns (June - August), but we are flexible to other seasons too, so don’t hesitate to contact us!
$10,000 for 10 weeks at 40 hours / week and $25 / hour. Paid as a 1099 contractor.